We take great pleasure in presenting this new edition of our
catalog of Agricultural Apparatus. Those who are familiar with
the former editions will find that many changes have been made,
both in the form of the catalog, and in the many additions to
our line of apparatus which have been made. Since the first
edition of this catalog was issued in June, 1910, we have made
frequent revisions, in order to keep abreast of the progress
being made in the study of Agriculture.
We feel, however, that this edition marks a distinct advance
over any former issue, and we hope that it may meet with hearty
In the design and manufacture of apparatus for the Agricultural
Class Room and Laboratory, we have had the benefit of the
advice, suggestions and assistance of the U. S. Department of
Agriculture (Bureau of Soils), Washington, D. C, and of many
prominent agriculturists in such institutions as the Iowa State
College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts, and the Colleges of
Agriculture of the University of California, Cornell University,
University of Illinois, University of Minnesota, University of
Nebraska, Ohio State University, Purdue University, University
of Wisconsin and others.
In June, 1910, we purchased the business of W. H. Bowman of
Dover, N. H., including stock, patents and good will. The
reception of Mr. Bowman's designs has been encouraging, and we
wish to assure our patrons of efficient service in the
manufacture of this apparatus.
Suggestions regarding improvements in our apparatus and the
making of new and useful instruments are desired at all times,
and we shall be more than glad to confer with teachers who have
any such suggestions to make.